Current:Home > MyJuan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15 -VisionFunds
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-05 23:05:12
NEW YORK (AP) — Juan Soto will be introduced by the New York Mets at Citi Field on Thursday, a day after his record $765 million, 15-year contractwas finalized.
Soto chose the Mets’ offeron Sunday, deciding to leave the Yankees after helping them reach the World Series in his only season in the Bronx.
The 26-year-old’s contract value eclipsed Shohei Ohtani’s $700 million, 10-year dealwith the Los Angeles Dodgers last December. Its length topped Fernando Tatis Jr.’s $340 million, 14-year agreementwith San Diego that runs through 2034.
Soto has the right to become a free agent again after five years, but the Mets can void that right by adding $40 million to the final 10 years of the deal and raising the total to $805 million.
Soto batted .288 with 41 homers, 109 RBIs and 129 walks this year. The 26-year-old has a .285 batting average with 201 homers, 592 RBIs and 769 walks over seven major league seasons with Washington, San Diego and the Yankees.
___
AP MLB: https://apnews.com/mlb
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (294)
Related
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- California student charged with attempted murder in suspected plan to carry out high school shooting
- Tax refund seem smaller this year? IRS says taxpayers are getting less money back (so far)
- US women's soccer team captain Lindsey Horan apologizes for saying American fans 'aren't smart'
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Loophole allows man to live rent-free for 5 years in landmark New York hotel
- In the chaos of the Kansas City parade shooting, he’s hit and doesn’t know where his kids are
- NBA All-Star break power rankings with Finals predictions from Shaq, Barkley and Kenny Smith
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Biden to visit East Palestine, Ohio, today, just over one year after train derailment
Ranking
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Prosecutors drop domestic violence charge against Boston Bruins’ Milan Lucic
- North Carolina removes children from a nature therapy program’s care amid a probe of a boy’s death
- Iowa’s abortion providers now have some guidance for the paused 6-week ban, if it is upheld
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- US wholesale inflation accelerated in January in latest sign that prices picked up last month
- Maine gunman says reservists were worried he was going to do something because ‘I am capable’
- Prince Harry, Duchess Meghan hit the slopes in Canada to scope out new Invictus Games site: See photos
Recommendation
Nearly 400 USAID contract employees laid off in wake of Trump's 'stop work' order
New York appeals court hears arguments over the fate of the state’s ethics panel
Missed watching 'The Doomsday Prophet: Truth and Lies' on TV? Here's where to stream it.
Brian Wilson's family speaks out on conservatorship filing amid 'major neurocognitive disorder'
Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
US women's soccer team captain Lindsey Horan apologizes for saying American fans 'aren't smart'
Body believed to be missing 5-year-old Darnell Taylor found in sewer, Ohio police say
Baltimore County police officer indicted on excessive force and other charges